Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lido's of Meriden (East Side)

My father likes to meet for dinner at pizza places. He used to love Wooster Street, of Wallingford, which is now closed. He is a bit fan of Sergio's in Cheshire, and of course, there is Bohemian Pizza in Goshen (one of my all time favorites). It's no wonder that as a child I have distinctly about six birthday parties, between my little sister and I, that I can remember at Papa John's, making pizzas.

My Dad's newest obsession: Lido's of Meriden.

My biggest pet peeve: his mispronunciation of the name!

Aside from calling Lido's (pronounced Leigh Dough's), Lydio's, and throwing an even extra syllable into the mix like Leigh-I-Dios, my dad has come to describe the place as "that pizza place where the movie theatre used to be."

Although I am not a super huge fan of its pizza, the restaurant does offer a quiet environment and HUGE portions, for example, I have my spaghetti and meatballs dinner, which is going to last me an additional two meals.

Another authentic Italian restaurant to perhaps give thought to.

No comments:

Post a Comment