Wednesday, April 29, 2009

UMC----"Night at the Musuem"

On April 16th and 17th the New Britain Museum of American Art held "The Night at the Museum." My friend and I stopped by, as it was part of a course requirement to make something, whether it be written or artistic, that would be contributed to the display of artwork, in the museum.

The goal of the evening was to try to bring together community and environment with learning. I had made a huge poster board project of the water bottle litter in New Britain. My friend had come to look at my work, which was on display.

To my surprise, my poster was in the very front of the room! This was wonderful, because everyone could see it, as there were many performances in the front. But, it was hard to observe, since there were people performing.

My favorite part of the entire night was the performance by Hot Stixx, a drum ensemble from Jefferson School in New Britain.

It was so powerful to watch these little kids make so much noise, with these big drums, all in synchronization.

2 comments:

  1. That's very cool! Congrats on having your artwork featured up front. It must have been good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Since art is subjective, it is in the eyes of the beholder; although I did work very hard on it!

    ReplyDelete