Thursday, March 26, 2009

The International Spy Museum

On Monday, my friend Caitlyn and I visited the International Spy Musuem, in D.C., while our other friend, Anna, who we went to D.C. to visit, was working.

It was $18 to get in, and worth most of it. Overall I did enjoy the museum, but with so much stuff to do in D.C. that is free, it had me wondering wether or not it was really worth the 18 bucks.

Supposedly the museum takes about 2-2 1/2 hours to run through, although my friend and I made it through in just under 2.

One favorite exhibit of mine was the part where the museum showed different spies that had Hollywood or other famous connections. Julia Childes and some Yankees ball player were even featured.

I was able to collect an interesting: "Beware of Female Spies" magnet and coffee mug.

Overall, I would say that if a person is interested in spies, then he or she might already know everything that the musuem features. But, it was definately an interesting stop to make, especially since my friend and I were disappointed to learn that the FBI Building was not giving tours.

1 comment:

  1. I visited D.C this past summer, since my brother goes to UVa and we were dropping him off at school. I went to the spy museum as well and I had a blast! I thought the admission price was a little steep, but I thought it was the coolest place, since I'm into James Bond movies and all that : )

    I was disappointed to find that the FBI building was closed also- I was under the impression that it was one of the only places left in Washington still giving tours after 9/11, but the guard at the gate told me otherwise...

    ReplyDelete